Westview Meadows’ mission is to provide a high quality residential setting for senior individuals which promotes independence, individuality, choice and security while supporting and enhancing the quality of life for the population it serves.
Westview Meadows is an independent living/residential care community that relies upon teamwork to provide the highest quality of professional services to the residents we serve and their families. Our employees have a positive attitude and a strong commitment toward making Westview Meadows a premier independent living/residential care community. It takes a very special and professional person to provide the quality services to which we are committed.
In turn, Westview Meadows provides a high quality work environment and benefits to employees. These include:
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off:
- Sick Days
- Vacation Days
- Personal Days
- Holiday Pay
Nurse (RN)- Resident Care Director
The Resident Care Director is responsible for coordinating resident care in order to ensure the residents remain healthy and active for as long as possible. Assist the resident and his or her family in maintaining the physical and emotional health of the resident. Liaison with hospital personnel, physicians, community organizations, and other health related service agencies to provide care to the residents. The Resident Care Director is responsible for practicing according to the State Board of Nursing within the scope of practice for his or her licensure and always in compliance with The State of Vermont.
- Models a business philosophy that treats every resident and family member as a personal customer.
- Responsible for the retention of residents in the community.
- Ensures provision of services to the residents and ensures that all State policies governing resident care are closely monitored and carried out.
- Evaluate, motivate, and monitor the performance of the care staff in the community. Recruitment and selection should focus on qualified candidates who model our core values with an interest in care.
- Ensure the completion of assessments on all residents once per year, as required by State of Vermont licensing requirements.
- Coordinate departmental schedule and ensure adequate staffing in accordance with company standards, policies, procedures, budgets, and state law.
- Oversees continuing education programs for direct care staff in the community, as regulated by State licensing requirements.
- Conducts orientation for new team members of the department to ensure that all employees are knowledgeable of the goals, policies, and procedures of the department.
- Conduct interviews/observations on a continual basis of residents to alert Executive Director, family, and other appropriate individuals of any changes in the physical or emotional health of the resident.
- Supports administration in referral development and maintaining a high census.
- Act as care manager and resource person for the residents and their families.
- Measures outcomes, set goals and leads the care team to achieve those outcome goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Two years’ college in human services or heath care field required; RN or LVN/LPN preferred.
- Two to Five years’ experience providing resident care to the elderly, or similarly related experience with specialized memory care programs.
- One year experience with resident assessment and care planning.
- Ability to perform calculations in support of personnel actions, budget, and other financial responsibilities.
- Understand and conceptualize complex concepts, as well as ability to make appropriate decisions in stressful situations.
- High level communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to show sincere compassion towards cognitively impaired older adults. Demonstrates genuine concern for the physical and emotional needs of the elderly and their families.
- Must be proficient in basic office equipment, including a personal computer, for the purpose of accomplishing and maintaining a high level of job performance.
Want to join a fun & caring team? Consider joining us at Westview Meadows. We offer an excellent work environment and competitive pay & benefits. We would be delighted to talk with you. To apply, please send your resume or to firstname.lastname@example.org and download our application and mail it to:
171 Westview Meadows Road
Montpelier, VT 05602